Love food..Hate waste!!..I am a big believer of granting my food a second life,particularly to my breads.Leftover food can be revamped into a new dish as long as its good to eat.Any leftovers with a sign of not so good taste and look are an Absolute No-No!and should be discarded immediately .Economic use of all the odds and ends that invariably get leftover from previous meals, forgotten in the fruit bowl or the stuff hidden back of the fridge,is quite a contribution to the planet.Much of the food we toss ends up in trash bins.From where it reaches landfills and there it is buried under other garbage and contributes to the green house gas.Recycle your food,buy perishable items in small quantities.Use breads before they dry out or get invaded by gross.
- leftover baguettes-I had 2!!
- 1 Tomato-finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- olive oil
- 2 tps oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Slice baguettes diagonally.
- Rub the top side of each piece of the bread with a garlic .You will notice as you rub the garlic the bread will turn a lil shiny.
- Top it with chopped tomatoes,olives and finally with cheese.
- Drizzle a little oil.
- Sprinkle dried oregano.
- Bake it for 10 -15 mins at 170 degrees.
This recipe goes to Quick easy recipes.