Last month I was on a spiritual-spree since it was the blessed month of Ramadan. Yes i am super greedy when it comes to blessing, and I don’t leave a single stone unturned. And more over I hardly did any cooking last month was enjoying the luxury of my moms kitchen. I am just not in mood to cook while I fast. After Ramadan it was the meet-eat-expand phase for those of you who are confused with my weird expression, It actually was the Eid time.
Eid is the festive time when Muslims all over the world celebrate. It actually marks the end of fasting through a generous feasting time (as-if-Ramadan was less of a feast).so we meet friends & family, feast together, increase our dress and waist sizes. The merrier time landed me on bed, I was invaded by some unwanted enemies called virus. However, finally after combating a battle which lasted couple of weeks I am back in shape and ready to share some mouth watering recipes with you
Meet my current favorites.. stuffed chocolate dates.A little twist to the normal dates.
- A dozen or two of any soft variety of dates.
- 200gm bar of chocolate
- 200gm bar of white chocolate
- 1/2 a cup of colorful sprinkles
- 1/2 cup of mixed nuts grounded in coffee grinder.
- Tahina halava (can be found in most middle-eastern grocery shops)
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Wash & de-seed the dates by sliding in the center along the length of the date.let it dry
- Mix the nuts mixture with the butter by gradually adding the butter.till it reaches a pliable dough consistence.
- keep an empty plate in freezer for 5-10 minute.
- Now the stuff half of the dates with a pinch of this mixture.and the rest with the halava.
- In two separate bowls melt chocolate & white chocolate respectively.Either over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Now dip one end of the date in dark chocolate and let it rest over the frozen plate.It begins to harden and then dip the other end in the white chocolate.you can also dip it in the sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
- Transfer them to small paper cups and serve with a cup of coffee.