There is nothing like a "good excuse" to host a dinner party.Who wouldn't crave for a good time with friends,good food plus a fun weekend. :).But the challenging bit is deciding upon a menu.What to fix?.Chinese..umm..Indian..or Thai...quite a mind boggling job.And if you have friends who are from every part of the world, various cuisines and different taste buds..it just acts as icing on the cake . So to ,escape this super-confusion, let me introduce you to my very special White chick recipe.It consists of soft ,moist & creamy boneless chicken chunks.This is what makes this recipe so darn satisfying! Bonus- It also works well with both spice lovers & non-spice lovers.
- boneless and skinless chicken breasts, approx 310g cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1\2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Greek-style natural unsweetened yogurt
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1tbsp ginger& garlic paste
- 3 green cardamoms, seeds only
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 green finger chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Sprinkle lemon juice and salt over the chicken pieces, cover and set aside.
- Mix the yogurt, half the butter, the cream, ginger-garlic paste, cardamoms, cumin, nutmeg, chillies, oil, and cheese and blend into a smooth paste. Pour over the chicken, making sure it is all well coated, and marinate the meat for 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Soak 4 - 6 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them burning.
- Skewer the chicken and barbecue, or grill under a preheated grill, for 10 minutes on each side until light brown and cooked through, or simply bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Halfway through cooking, baste with the remaining butter (melted).
- Keep on checking the oven towards the end since we dont want the meat to dry out.The cooking time may vary in case the chicken is marinated for more than an hour.The meat should be done but moist.