If you are a chicken rut , this meal is for your quick fix.It is such a delicious,simple one skillet meal with minimal preparation needed..no chopping onions..no blending tomatoes.The gravy is also of the right consistency goes perfectly with rice as well as bread...so,all you chicken with gravy lovers..this recipe is for u ..try n lemme know.
- 1 kg Chicken
- 4 thps oil (Sunflower /Soya bean oil or any odorless oil )
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes diced
- 3 thsp chopped cilantro
- 1tsp grounded red dry pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 1&1/2 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1 thsp Coriander seeds
- 1 thsp cumin
- Cut & wash chicken.We want skinless pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.Add the chicken pieces and saute for 3-4 mins or till slightly done.
- Add garlic cloves.
- Add all the spices except black pepper & cumin-coriander mixture.Saute until the spices starts to release oil,for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cover the wok.let it cook for another 5-8 mins,or till the tomatoes dissolve.
- Once the tomatoes get dissolved.Check the consistency , if u like little more gravy, add 1/4-1/2 cup of hot water.This gravy is slightly thick as it coats the chicken.
- Add black pepper & mix it.Then add cumin-coriander spice mixture that we had prepared earlier.
- Cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- You can reduce the amount of red pepper powder & red fry pepper according to you taste.But this dish is suppose to be a little spicy.
- You must have noticed that in the images above the oil seems to be quite a lot,but actually i had ended up adding oil twice..since i was in a gr8 hurry(as usual)..But i had drained the excess oil before serving.:D