Today marks an important date for the Devilicious Chef.Its my first post !!..Yay!!I thought of a fitting way to celebrate this momentous occasion by sharing one of my favorite Chocolate Truffle recipe.Its quite a simple and quick one ..but the results are quite Fancy!!
- 1 whole packet of oreo biscuits.(I used the classic flavor.But you can use any of the various flavors available)
- 3-4 Tbsp of Cream Cheese.(Softened)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips/chocolate buttons.
- Open a packet of oreo and break them in a food processor till they are finely grinded & slightly moist.You can also do this step without a processor by adding the cookies in a ziplock bag & beating them with a rolling pin.Just take care that once you done with the grinding of the biscuits there will be a few big pieces left which should be picked out .
- Now add cream cheese gradually 1 thps at a time to the moist mixture of biscuit till it forms a pliable dough.Soft enough to be rolled into small balls.
- Roll out the dough into small balls.Place them on a tray & cover them with a cling film.place them in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Melt the Chocolate chips on a double boiler or microwave for 1 min ,be careful not to burn it.
- Line a tray with candy cups.
- Using 2 forks dip & roll the previously made balls into the melted chocolate and place them safely & gently onto a candy cup.Let them stand undisturbed for a while till the chocolate forms a hard coating and then transfer them back to the refrigerator.